We are delighted to welcome you to Beechtree’s website.
We are an Ofsted registered non-profit early years setting and independent school providing high quality Steiner Waldorf childcare for children under 9.
We recently moved to our new premises on Chapeltown Road, right next door to the Sikh Temple. We are in walking distance from Chapeltown and Roundhay and a short bus-ride away from the City Centre, Headingley, Meanwood.
We are open 8am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 1.30pm on Friday during term time.
We currently run 2 Kindergartens for children over 3 years old, a Class One for children older than 7 and run Parent & Child Groups both indoors and outdoors every day of the week for babies and children under 3 years old and their parents/carers.
We provide a welcoming, supportive and nourishing environment for the children and their families.
FEEE funding for children aged 3-5 is available.
Please browse our website for more information and if you have any questions or would like your child to attend our Kindergarten or Parent & Child groups, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please find our latest inspection report here.
As a non profit organisation, we rely on Fundraising. There are several ways you could help us raise funds for Beechtree and every little bit is very much appreciated.
If you would like more information, please visit our Fundraising page.
- To provide Steiner Education for the children of Leeds from 0-9, with a long term view of providing education for children up to age 18.
- To use the Steiner Waldorf curriculum which is creative, artistic, practical and intellectual and rooted in child development and the use of a weekly, monthly and termly rhythm that is underpinned by the natural seasonal year as a basis for our work.
- To allow each child in the setting to progress and develop to fulfil their potential; and to cultivate motivated, responsible and competent young people who have a life-long love of learning and a strong sense of the contribution that they can make to society.
- To provide a safe and aesthetic learning environment for our work.
- To provide a high level of individual care and time for each child.
- To ensure safeguarding is paramount in all we do
- To ensure that the children are supported by teachers and parents alike, and in doing so to build a community working together with the children at the centre of all we do in order to support and enhance the children’s journeys at Beechtree. This allows the children to experience us working together, and creates strong links between home and school.
- To have outstanding teachers and staff supported through a robust, supportive and accountable management and self-evaluation structure.
- To develop partnerships with other schools, organisations and businesses to enhance opportunities for learning and training in order to provide a unique pedagogy for our city.
- To ensure that the above aims and ethos is embedded in all of our day to day work, in how we strive to be worthy of imitation, in how we talk to each other, in how we think about and approach our work so we can work in depth and with integrity knowing that in itself supports the children’s journeys.